Board Leadership Development Programme$0
About this course
- Understand what it means to be a professional executive director/non-executive director and consider the role in the context of the demands of the industry sector.
- Keep up to date with best-in-class governance, strategy and risk practices that are aligned to stakeholder interests.
- Appreciate what an effective board? looks like and understand how you should be adding tangible value to the organisation.
- Receive insight into the tools and techniques used as part of a well-run board performance evaluation.
- Gain from the knowledge and experience of NEDA the leading board and NED training and support organisation.
The outline programme includes:
- The role of a Director/NED – understanding vs. expectations Corporate Governance – current developments and updates
- The Effective Board – what does a good board look like
- Board Committees – key roles, responsibilities and activities
- View from the Boardroom – guest board director’s view of boards
- Director attributes – softer skills self-assessment
- Board performance – how to determine required performance
- Business strategy – what boards need to focus on
- Risk in the boardroom – an overview and best practice
- Other board-related matters and trends – some final thoughts
- Case studies and group exercises (where appropriate)
- A deep dive into King IV Code of Corporate Governance
As we progress through 2022 and the years to come, we will continue to take account of the ever-changing environment, with our workshop programme reflecting the circumstances we are in at the time. This means our programme may be delivered either virtually or in our offices. When the training is in person, we will of course ensure that all of our activity takes place in a Covid-19 secure environment, one that is fully compliant with the relevant government rules and guidance.
This programme is delivered by current and former Board Members from both the private and public sector space sharing real world scenarios and cases for experiential learning. Academics themselves, the facilitators are more often than holders of PhDs in Business Management and Leadership.
Who should attend?
This is an intensive and challenging programme that enables participants to have a well-rounded understanding of an Effective Board, both from a board and an individual director perspective.
The below roles will benefit from attending this workshop:
- Aspirant executive and non-executive directors
- New executive and non-executive directors
- Board support function heads ie. company secretarial, compliance, risk management